How to Choose a LASIK Doctor
The key to an amazing LASIK outcome lies in the provider; so for peace of mind and to make sure you are fully informed before your procedure, we’ve compiled a list of questions that may help make your LASIK decision easier.
Questions to Ask the LASIK Doctor:
- What kind of laser do you use?
- How often is your laser calibrated?
- (The Laser should be recalibrated at least every 4th use)
- What kind of microkeratome do you use?
- How often is the microkeratome incisor changed?
- (A new incisor should be used for every patient)
- What financing options do you offer?
- Are post-op visits included in the cost?
- How many post-op visits are included in the cost?
- Are additional post-op visits for emergencies free?
- How many LASIK procedures have you performed?
- What other state-of-the-art equipment do you use?
- What kind of results can I expect from LASIK?
- What kind of results have past patients had?
- Do you have patient testimonials available?
- What is your background and training experience?
- How long have you been performing LASIK?
- Do you offer Custom LASIK?
Some of these procedures and terms may seem confusing to you. If you feel as though you need more information on these laser vision correction procedures, do not hesitate to contact us. We encourage you to schedule a consultation, Dr. Mneimneh will be glad to explain to you step by step all what you need to know. Click to schedule a consultation